1. Name, Title, Location. Abhik Biswas, Kolkata, India 2. How long have you been in affiliate marketing and how did you get involved? Well, it’s merely 2 years I am in IM industry. Before that, I used to use Adsense and other contextual ad networks to monetize the traffic to my websites. The thing that made me try affiliate offers is the CTR on my ad units. I casually replaced the contextual units with affiliate banners and found it working much better than Adsense. But, I am still using contextual ads on several websites where affiliate offers aren’t converting. 3. Give us a little glimpse into what a typical day in your life looks like. You won’t be impressed. It’s full of research and writing. You know, you ought to research in order to write a good article. It is no fun at all. Besides that, I spend time with my family and friends whenever I can. 4. What are your hobbies/interests/passions? My passion is my blog, ItsAbhik, and I work every day on creating a better user experience for my visitors. My hobby or interest is Photography. Whenever I get some free time, I go out on quick outings with my photography gears. 5. There are already so many affiliate marketer and bloggers out there. What makes You different? Well, I am no different than others. Like all other marketers out there, I try, I fail and then I conquer. I am Abhik, and that’s the only difference.
6. What kinds of traffic generation methods do you focus most of your on? (PPC, SEO, SMO). Do you use any tools that you can recommend?
My main source of traffic is search engines. I always prefer SEO over other methods as search engine traffic is organic and highly targeted. I also use PPC, CPV/PPV and Email Newsletter to drive traffic to the offers I am promoting; however, those methods aren’t as cool as SEO.
I use Google Keyword Tool for all my Keyword Researches. I know there are many paid tools available that provides more in-depth results (I have few of them), but Google’s tool is free and does almost everything I need. I’d also like to recommend Aweber and Marketer Plugin for email marketers. Those two are my main tool for capturing leads.
7. Are you currently looking to work with other marketers? If so what are the criteria for other marketers to be considered to work with you?
No, I like to work on my own. However, I am open to consider JV offers. I might team up with other marketer if situation calls for it.
8. For those who are interested in working with you – What’s the best way/time to reach you?
I am available 24×7 on email. The best way to contact me through the Contact Us page on my blog. People can contact me via Twitter and Facebook.
9. What are the keys to building successful relationships between Affiliates?
Relationship is built with trust, and trust comes with communication. You need to keep communicate with your affiliates and provide them reasons to promote your products.
10. What do you think about where the industry is going? Where you and your company may be going? What advice would you give to affiliates to keep up the pace? The industry is growing with hundreds, if not thousands, of new affiliates and vendors entering the industry every day. That is also increasing the competition among the affiliates and vendors. Only the fittest will survive. My companies will keep kicking even if there are recessions or take downs. My advices are simple; work hard and do not hold you back from trying new things.